Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Shabby Apple Dare to Design Contest

My friend Erin told me about the Shabby Apple Dare to Design contest. I immediately got to work designing a dress that would fit in with the other Shabby Apple dresses but still show my design point of view. This was easy because Shabby Apple dresses are so cute and modest, two things that are for dresses! When I started designing a spring time dress I immediately thought of green. Not only is it my favorite color but it is one thing that I look forward to after a long winter.


If I were to construct this dress I would use a light green cotton with a slight sheen to it, not too shiny and not too plain.
Cotton would be the best fabric to use because it will hold the pleats used in the trim. Cotton is also a classic, just like a shirt dress. I think that the details; piping, pleated trim and covered buttons will dress up an otherwise basic shirt dress.

Enjoy! Maybe I'll make it to the finals!