Monday, December 19, 2016

Post Halloween Projects

Post Halloween projects are generally geared towards Christmas. This past year was no exception.
I made doll clothes, a Santa Claus jacket and altered a wedding dress.

I made a collection of doll clothes for my niece's birthday  I bought a pattern and made most of of the outfits listed. I wasn't a big fan of the pattern but it gave me a good basis for later projects. 
 I made a Santa Claus jacket out of some very soft velour. It wasn't ideal because it didn't have much weight. Luckily, fusible interfacing gave it the needed heft.

 It was a tricky project overall because the pattern was incomplete and the client wanted several changes. I was very glad that it turned out as well as it did!

 Mina needed a new coat and I didn't want to spend a lot of money on one. An $8 cashmere sweater from the DI provided the "fabric" after I felted it in the washer and dryer. I based the design on an adorable Kate Spade coat.
Mina chose the buttons the previous year! I'm glad I was able to finish it by winter. I flatlined the lining with flannel for extra warmth. 

 The wedding dress alteration included lining the sleeves, lowering the neckline and altering the zipper.
 I removed the sleeves to make a pattern using the same fabric as the dress.