Thursday, February 16, 2012

Photos from my iPhone

First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!!

Last week we went to a waste water treatment plant on our way home from Kaysville.  James and another grad student arranged to take a tour and I was lucky enough to come along.  It was actually much more interesting than I thought it would be and it didn't smell as bad as I previously thought.


I've been working in the costume shop, helping to get costumes ready for "The Pirates of Penzance."  We borrowed costumes from the Utah Shakespeare Festival, they performed it back in 2001 (you can see more photos here.)  At the end of last semester I took a paper pattern from one of the dresses and then altered it to fit the actresses cast in our production.  It was a bit of a challenge but thanks to great teachers and mentors it WORKED!
A very blurry photo of a polonaise, a drapey piece that goes in front, you can see an example here
Bustles, they look cuter with the dress and some foundation stuff underneath

Winter decided to come back to Cache Valley yesterday morning.  This is the result of four tries to get up our driveway in my Bug.  Luckily James parked his car in the driveway upstairs so we switched keys and took his car up to campus.  It was mostly melted by the time we went home that evening.


No comments: