Sunday, August 2, 2009

It's not quite homesickness but...

I got feeling sort of "Mission-Sick" today at church as I sat in almost every meeting. It may have been the fact that I was fasting and that tends to make me feel a little more...I don't know...something along the lines of more emotional without being actually hysterical (far from it actually.) Anyway, it seemed that in every meeting someone mentioned something about Western New York. There were a couple of mentions of the Historic Sites and then there was one about Perry's Ice Cream (oh wait, that one was me. We were talking about our favorite ice cream: Lemon Meringue Pie.) Anyway, I have been missing Western New York. I've been home for just over three years now and I think that is plenty of time to feel __________sick. I don't feel like I can fill in the blank with "home" and using "mission" makes it sound like a disease of some sort.
Anyways, here is a list of things that I miss:

#1 My friends: companions, members, investigators...

#2 Wegmans. Yeah, I miss a grocery store. I'll have you know that grocery shopping is the high light of my Saturdays. I love grocery shopping.Especially when the produce department looks like this:

#3 Perry's Ice Cream

Fantastically delicious! It's probably a good thing that we have Perry's here in Utah because I think the thirty pounds I gained on my mission was divided between these three flavors.
I want to go back and I want my family to come and see everything. I might not make it back until after grad school but it's only 2 1/2 more years.
Whoa.

That's a long time. We'll see what happens. The way my life seems to go it could happen sooner or it could happen later. I make tentative plans rather than defined plans.

2 comments:

Annie said...

I want to try ALL of those flavors of ice cream! Your mission looks like it was so much fun. Ah, memories! Hopefully you get to go back and visit soon. :)

Ruthanne said...

How is that you love to grocery shop and I hate it??? I really want to go to your mission and have you give us the grand tour. It's got to happen some day in the not too distant future. Love you!