Monday, August 3, 2009

"I would never swim in a pond! they're infamous for serpents!"

I went to FHE this evening with the understanding that there would be a pond to swim in and a slide for umm, sliding. Generally I share Dr. John Dorian's philosophy although I have more issues with large fish and pond scum than serpents. Anyhow, despite my initial misgivings I decided to bring my swimming suit just in case I changed my mind.

I am SO glad that I did! The slide was made out of old vinyl signs draped over hay bales and all of that was placed on a fairly large hill above a pond. It was so much fun! I only wished that I had my camera out sooner because by the time I got it out of the car and I was in my suit, the sun was already going down. Here are some pictures anyway, sorry about the quality. My awesome roommate Clarissa accidentally made two short films as she was trying to take my picture. I was happy with the mistake.

The pond with the slide and the picnic pavilion:

The brave souls congregating at the top of the hill, awaiting their turns.

Sliding down on a pillow in a garbage bag, effectively slippery and cozy.


The splash down in the pool. I managed to go down the slide several times and NEVER go under nor did I swallow any of the water.
And the videos
Part One:


INTERMISSION

Part Two:

3 comments:

Annie said...

That looks...AWESOME! My friend at work was telling us about their slip-and-slide adventures from the weekend, and now I kinda want to do something like that myself! I'm glad you thought to bring your swimming suit.

Me said...

Seriously that does look SOOOO fun!!! What a cool place! Way to be brave about going in pond water too...

Your comment on my blog made my day, you are the nicest, Lindsay!

LaRene said...

That looks like so much fun. I am glad you went prepared to have a good time. We are looking forward to see you for a couple of weeks. Love Ya