Saturday, June 16, 2012

Photo Overload

This past week has been really fun but tiring. It started early on Monday, I packed up my giant bag and drove to Kaysville to help watch my niece and nephew.  We did a lot of fun things:


We walked down to the ponds to feed the ducks.
Some of the ducks were overly aggressive and they stole the bread out of Avery's hand.
Avery and I made cinnamon rolls while Parker took a nap.  She was a very good helper.


Testing the sugar/cinnamon ratio
Waiting for the rolls to rise

Parker was a cute as always!  I can't believe how fast he is growing up.
We also made masks.  Avery requested a pretty mask and a scary mask.
The orange mask is the "scary" mask
Jordan's wife Lindsey came over for dinner and played "Pretty Pretty Princess" with Avery.
Avery dressing Lindsey up in ALL the jewelry!
I also worked a little while I was at my parents' house.  I'm designing "The Marvelous Wonderettes" for the Midvale Arts Council this summer.  The musical centers around four girls in a singing group.  Act I takes place at their senior prom and Act II is at their 10 year reunion. I finally put pen and pencil to paper to get the ideas out and visualized.  If the prom dresses look familiar it's because we're renting Weber's West Side Story dresses.  I can't believe I designed those four years ago!

ACT I

ACT II

I also used the time to visit Target to update our baby registry.  I noticed this set up and I thought it was funny:
Milk Duds and a breast pump...nice.
Last week there was a police stand off in our tiny town.  Apparently a young man was threatening suicide and the police blocked off the block.  There was even some news coverage.  I think it resolved itself peacefully.  I hope.

Road closures
News vans
Main Street
Finally, TODAY.  Our friends Annie and Rob were sealed this morning at the Logan Temple.  They got married last year, six months after Rob was baptized.  They were both glowing this morning.  Happiness all around!

The happy couple
We ran errands afterwards and I found the CUTEST measuring cups at TJ Maxx.  I had pinned them on Pinterest a YEAR ago and then I found them at a discounted price!

No comments: