Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Graduation!!!

I picked up my gown, cap, hood and tassel today. It's so weird!  When I graduated with my bachelors degree I used my Mom's cap and gown because, why not?

I walked over to the bookstore with my friend Caroline Kennedy who is also graduating.  She's heading out on a mission this summer.  She is going to be an amazing missionary.  Look out Hungary!

I think it's funny that the graduation packet came with an instruction sheet for wearing the academic hood.  I think mine is defective because the button and loop on the back aren't on the same level.  I'll figure it out, I mean, I have a MASTERS DEGREE.
My gown and hood, the front view:
And the back view:
And my diploma, so official.

The original plan was that James and I would both walk at Commencement and potentially make it a difficult choice for our families if the college ceremonies were at the same time but... James is going to finish his project and thesis this summer instead.  It's totally fine and he'll still get his degree, just a little later.  He's not bothered by it, walking at another graduation isn't that big of a priority for him.  It's hard to believe it's been almost two years since he graduated with his bachelors.  I'm really proud of him and all his hard work.


Commencement info:
Graduate Commencement and Hooding Ceremony
Friday May 4, 2012
1:30 PM
Dee Glen Smith Spectrum
800 East 1000 North

We'll assemble at 12:30, wait a half an hour and then parade to the Spectrum.  It should be fun.  I'm glad that the graduation gowns are roomy, not that my bump is that big but there's room for both of us.

Speaking of which, the baby has been moving like CRAZY!  I can't believe how weird and wonderful it feels.  We find out next Wednesday if it is a GIRL or a BOY.  I think it's a girl.

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Wahoooooooo! So proud of you!

ScottBoomer said...

Congratulations. Looks like all your hard work has really paid off.