Monday, February 28, 2011

Is it Spring Break yet?

A week from today will be the first day of SPRING BREAK. It can't come soon enough.

  • I made another batch of lemon meringue cupcakes this weekend (amid a batch of renderings in marker.) I learned a few things this time around:
    1. If you refridgerate the cupcakes after you've filled them with lemon, the marshmallow cream spreads a whole lot easier.
    2. Make sure the oven's broiler is totally heated before you put the cupcakes in to brown. If you are impatient like me you will just melt the marshmallow cream.

  • I bought these sandals last week on 6pm.com. They are Borns and I got them for more than half off. I'm really excited to get them this week. Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to wear them until...June?
  • I registered for the Intermountain Graduate Research Symposium at Utah State. I'm going to do a poster presentation on my costume designs from A Midsummer Night's Dream. I still have everything put together from ACTF so I figure I'm most of the way there. I'll add some more to the book, academic-wise. Probably a bibliography or something.
  • In the costume shop we're working on Three Musketeers. My friend Brandee is the costume designer and it is going to be a beautiful show! I get to pattern some of the beautiful historic dresses and I am pleased to say that it is going well! (Knock on wood...)
  • James is a great husband, no surprise there. He's been busy with school and helping out the missionaries as the ward mission leader. He's such a champ.
  • Did I mention it's a week until Spring Break? I could use a break!


1 comment:

Whitney said...

I HAVE to make those cupcakes asap! They look so yummy. Looks like you have been busy! Hope all is well.