Sunday, June 14, 2009

I think it's a sickness (or an addiction)

I've been making stencils for the past few years as a hobby. I've made three recently and I think I'm getting better at it. First up we have...
Jerry Orbach! I made this stencil especially for my friend and boss, Amanda. I should have made a Jerry Orbach stencil earlier because he's so rad. Next up is...

Elvis Costello! I haven't made this one into an actual shirt yet because I don't have another white tee shirt at the moment. I painted this one but it's on the back and the front stencil didn't really work out as well. I need to make stencils of people who are more recognizable, well, more so than this guy:Sondre Lerche! He's my favorite Norwegian. He's a singer-songwriter and I really love his stuff.
The picture is sort of old, it's in my old room and I'm pretty sure Lauren is wearing braces. Anyway, the shirt itself doesn't exist as a shirt, it is now part of a tee shirt quilt.

This all brings me to my next point. I've had some requests from friends and former co-workers to make shirts for them. As far as I know I think I've filled the requests but I might still owe some to the Lagoon gang. If you're interested I charge a measly $5 and your own shirt. I'm not very good at picking shirts for people and I like to leave that to the requestee. I already have stencils of the following people:
  1. Jerry Orbach
  2. Elvis Costello
  3. David Bowie
  4. Sondre Lerche
  5. A crappy one of the Beatles (I plan on finding a cool picture and making a new one)
  6. Freddie Mercury
  7. Joe Strummer (although Jordan says he looks like Edward Norton, I disagree)

Let me know if you're interested!

Lindsaydesigner@hotmail.com

3 comments:

Hilary said...

You have always loved making those shirts! Can't wait to see you soon!! love ya

malibumoons said...

WoW! Those are actually really good. What a talented lady you are!

LaRene said...

Your Grandpa is a van of Jerry Orbach.. You will have to show him
the stencil that you made. See you in a week or so. Love Ya.