- Lids of sippy cups should be screwed on correctly before placing in a non-waterproof bag. If you have any questions about proper procedure, ask the four year old, he's smarter in sippy cup know-how than you.
- No matter how many times you tell a two year old that your name isn't Mom, she'll probably just keep calling you Mom out of habit. It's easier to say than Lindsay.
- Cutting up carrot sticks into circle shapes and calling them "coins" really does make them more fun to eat.
- If you are with two kids, make sure you have two of everything, preferably identical. (Sticker books are a hot item. Prepare for war if you only have one.)
- If you have only packed two granola bars and a small bag of carrot sticks for sacrament meeting treats, you are so screwed. You should have packed MORE!
It was an interesting experience because it gave me a small feeling of what it would be like to be a single, working mom. I watched the kids in the mornings and the nights while I worked at the bank in the afternoons and evenings. It was only after I realized how hard it was on them to have so many different sitters that I relaxed and had fun. They were really cute and incredibly smart. I think they get it from their mother. ;)