Saturday, December 4, 2010

First Dress Rehearsal

We had dress rehearsal this morning for Midsummer. I snapped a couple of pictures with my cell phone. Some are good, others not so much.
This was the cast on stage, hanging out.
The cast doing warm ups. Isn't the set cool?
Oberon watching Helena and Demetrius argue about who loves who. Apparently Oberon is invisible to the mortals. Here is a shot of all of the guy fairies. We painted all of their pants with dye. We also added fabric strips to Oberon and Puck's pants. It was really time consuming but I think it was worth it.
Here are the fairies sleeping on the ground with Lysander and Hermia. This picture shows the color scheme: mortals in black, white and gray while the fairies in color.
Here is a shot of Bottom after his transformation. A dentist donated the fake teeth, which you can't see. It looks great!
It was probably the most stressful lead up to a design that I've ever gone through. I wasn't sure if it was going to work or if things were going to happen but it did work and is has happened. We have two more rehearsals before opening on Wednesday. I'm really pleased with how it worked!

In response to a comment from the last post: I didn't use a pattern, I just made it up. I measured Avery's torso and then made a trapezoid shape by taking an inch off each side and angeling the sides in. I just sort of guessed in regards to pocket size, strap length and ruffle size.

1 comment:

Exuberant Chaos said...

Okay that is sooo cool! I want to come! I know it will be in Ogden, but give me the details...

Time, where, how much, would I be able to see you after wards?!!!

Loves!