Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Finals are almost over

What has happened since I last blogged? "A Midsummer Night's Dream" finished its run. My parents, one set of grandparents, a brother (and his girlfriend) and my in-laws came to see the matinee. James' sweet parents gave me these beautiful roses.I like that some of them look like the fairy costumes. I was inspired by flowers so it makes sense.

On Sunday I tried to make a fancy Swiss braided bread. It wasn't totally successful but it was mostly good.
It got a little mangled when we took it out of the oven. Notice the poke mark on the upper right hand side. The bread looks awfully yellow, due in part to the egg wash and the yellow cabinets in our kitchen

My final FINAL project is a group of designs for a children's play called "The King of Ireland's Son." It's based on medieval shapes, James Christensen's amazing paintings and it is also a work with patterns and colors. I'm really pleased with how far I've come even in the past two years. My techniques have gotten better, I've gotten faster with my production and I think I've become a better designer. It's sort of hard to see the progress unless pieces are juxtaposed.
Okay, mostly I just wanted to type juxtaposed.

On to Christmas!

1 comment:

BrandeeJ said...

That bread looks yummy. Midsummer was very beatifull, but aren't you glad the semester is over? Merry Christmas.