Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Four days? Eeep!

The wedding is in four days and I'm really excited.
However, I have been having some troubling thoughts lately.

Thoughts that have crept up in the past.

Thoughts that usually lead to heartache.

Scary thoughts.

Thoughts of an old addiction.
.
.
.
I think I want bangs.

I really thought I had kicked this idea because I haven't had the best track record. If you need proof, check out this entry from November of 2008. Or this one from the same month.

Like any other addiction, I find myself rationalizing the behavior. "Maybe if I just get the right kind of bangs." "It's probably just that they were so short." "Maybe this time it will actually work out."

Needless to say, I'm not making any hair changes this week. There is comfort in the fact that my worried thoughts aren't about James, who I love so much I can't believe it, but they are about hair styles. Does that make me superficial? Probably.

I'm just glad I don't have cold feet.

In other news, I found these old pictures this morning.



Hilary
Me
Alex and Jordan

1 comment:

Christina said...

I totally have the same relationship with bangs, I always think they might work out this time even though they never have in the past.