Saturday, February 7, 2009

Universe City

Caril Jennings's gallery, Universe City, has an exhibit this month showcasing costumes from the theatre department at Weber State University. Caril e-mailed me a picture taken during the set up process:They were created for "West Side Story" for WSU's performance last spring. I was able to travel to Los Angeles to purchase fabric for the show courtesy of a research grant. It was a tough experience because I wasn't able to be in the shop a lot but Jean Louise England made it possible. I drew pictures and then Jean used her magic.
If anyone is interested:
2556 Washington Boulevard
Ogden, UT 84401
They are open Fridays 5-8PM and Saturdays 12-8 PM.
The exhibit runs February 6 & 7, 13 & 14, and 20 & 21.

The best bits are going to be Catherine Zublin's costumes from "The Beaux' Stratagem" which was performed last fall.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I want that dress...