Saturday, April 19, 2008

It may be two weeks before finals but...

During the past week I have indulged in an old hobby: cake decorating. I think I watched one too many episodes of "Ace of Cakes" and got over a nasty cold. Apparently the end result is cake decorating, for this week at least. First I made pig faces on our Sunday dessert left overs.













Then, on Monday I continued with the pig theme and made pig cupcakes. They were adorably delicious due to the fact they were pumpkin spice.






























A phone call to my grandma resulted in an eclectic flower topped chocolate cake with white frosting.














Finally, I made my sister Hilary a purse shaped cake for her birthday. It was a little early but she was up this weekend with Josh so we celebrated early. I tried to model it after a Coach purse but it didn't work quite as well as I was hoping. I'm still figuring it out.






























No comments: