This helps to solidify ideas and pinpoint what works and what does not. After that I picked the design I liked the best and started cutting out the felt pieces. I used straight pins to experiment with the layout. It is kind of daunting at this point because it makes me realize just how much work there is to do!
Then the sewing and embroidery starts. I decided to start with the Mouse King toy in the lower lefthand corner. I cut the rest of the pieces and started to sew. I like to use a little bit of stuffing to give the stockings more dimension. I'm also going to use beads and sequins to make it look even better.
All he needs is his sword!
The last project is to make a coat for Mina. I love the look of a tailored coat but I don't want to spend that much on a coat that will only be worn for a short time. I really like the lines of this swing coat from BabyGap. I have an old sweater that I am going to transform into a coat. Stay tuned...